Reopening of the museums of Imathia
The Ephorate of Antiquities of Imathia, according to the health security protocols in order to curb the spread of COVID-19, is reopening the museums of Imathia, taking all the necessary measures for the safety of visitors and employees.
From Monday, 15th June, 2020, our museums will be open during the summer hours and temporarily, due to the situation, a controlled number of visitors, as follows:
Archaeological Site of Aigai, Museum of the Royal Tombs. Wednesday-Monday: 08: 00-20:00, Tuesday: 12:00-20:00. Maximum number of visitors at a time: 30. Maximum stay in the museum at a time: 90 '.
Archaeological Museum of Veria. Wednesday-Monday: 08:00-20:00, Tuesday: 12:00-20: 00. Maximum number of visitors each time: 20. Maximum stay time: 60’.
Byzantine Museum of Veria. Wednesday-Monday: 08:00-20:00, Tuesday: 12:00-20:00. Maximum number of visitors each time: 60. Maximum stay time: 90’.
Safety instructions for visitors inside our museums:
• The use a mask is mandatory.
• Keep distance of at least two (2) meters between each other.
• Sanitize your hands frequently and follow the instructions of the museum staff for your safe movement in the area.
• Avoid any overcrowding in the museum and auxiliary spaces.
• In a special leaflet that will be distributed at the ticket office, visitors will receive all the necessary information and instructions for their visit to our museums.
After the reopening of the open air archeological sites of the Palace-Theater of Aigai (visiting hours: Monday-Friday: 09:00-14:30), the Nymphaeum and the Theater of Mieza (visiting hours: Wednesday-Monday: 08:00-20 :00, Tuesday: 12:00-20:00), with the opening of the museums of Imathia, the archeological treasures in the heart of Macedonia are waiting for you to visit them.
The visit to all three museums can be done with a single ticket, while the entrance to the open air archeological sites is free.
We wish you a pleasant and safe summer.